Today Christie introduced an all new processor in the Spyder lineup with the Christie Spyder X80. Delivering what Christie says is four times the pixel management capacity of anything else available on the market, the new Spyder X80 is capable of handling 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate on a single channel.
The new Christie Spyder X80 multi-screen windowing processor offers many capabilities for rental staging and large scale experiences that help make display walls easy to set up and manage, while incorporating the latest standards and connectors, including HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and 12G HDSDI. Christie Spyder X80 solves both the large and small display canvas needs of today, with enough power to solve display needs of the foreseeable future.
The new Christie Spyder X80 offers an array of innovative features and benefits:
- Large display canvas support – A modular configuration supporting up to 24 inputs and 16 outputs, with all connections capable of displaying 4K at 60/50Hz, customers benefit from 4K support for narrow pixel pitch LED, tiled video walls, plus complex, multi-display projection environments
- Card chassis based design allows customers to match input and output needs with room to change and upgrade in the future
- All source content can be displayed freely across multiple types of displays including displays configured in portrait mode with Spyder’s ability to rotate outputs individually
- Single channel 4K support on every channel – Christie Spyder X80 supports 4K at 60Hz at 8/10/12 bit processing on a single cable, plus 4K at 120Hz on dual or quad cables
- Super low latency – Continuing in the Spyder tradition, 80 megapixels and 4K at 60Hz support has super low latency impact
- 24/7 operation – Proprietary hardware processor allows 24/7 operation for the most demanding and critical applications
- Scalable and flexible – With industry leading scaling and format conversion, customers can mix and match multiple SD, HD, 4K, and stereoscopic video formats without compromising the creativity to flexibly arrange and manipulate content while maintaining original picture quality
- Christie Spyder Studio client software (GUI) — Advancing Spyder’s reputation for show control, from simple presets to complex frame accurate timelines, Spyder Studio has the flexibility and functionality required for the most demanding live environment
The Christie Spyder X80 is at InfoComm (in Orlando, Fla. June in the Christie booth #2553 next week or you can see it here.