Today, Christie announced Christie Terra, a line-up of new products that use the Software Defined Video over Ethernet (SDVoE) Alliance standard for AV-over-IP system. Comprising of a line-up of transmitters, receivers and control hardware and software, Christie Terra solutions are designed for small, mediums-sized and ever large systems and capable of sending up to 4K video, audio and control over Ethernet.
Built on standardized SDVoE technology, Christie Terra can send 4K at 60Hz (10-bit color) audio and control uncompressed over a 10G Ethernet system. Christie is officially debuting Terra during InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Fla. June 14 – 16.
As part of a Terra solution, the Christie Terra Transmitter processes AV sources and control signals and transports uncompressed, zero-frame latency, content over 10G Ethernet networks. The Christie Terra Receiver accepts the AV and control from the 10G Ethernet network and supplies it to displays or other AV devices. The Christie Terra Controller provides complete operational control and management for the streamlined installation, configuration, programming and upgrading of Christie Terra systems.
A Christie rep told rAVe today that Christie WOULD be integrating an AV-over-IP input on all their displays eventually.
Christie Terra features:
- A spec of zero-frame latency
- Uncompressed AV processing: 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling (up to 10-bit color) maintained from source to display
- Up to 4K@60Hz resolutions (3840×2160 and 4096×2160)
- Complete AV and control connectivity: Support includes video, audio, RS-232, IR control, Gigabit Ethernet and USB
- System scalability: Using off-the-shelf 10G Ethernet components
- Built-in video scaling to convert all signals to 4K
- EDID and HDCP signal management