The Green AV Award recognizes organizations for their commitment to social responsibility, sustainability and the environment.
“Sustainability practices are important for the future of the AV industry,” said Randal A. Lemke, Ph.D., Executive Director and CEO, InfoComm International. “InfoComm is pleased to issue these first Green AV Awards to those who are paving the way for a greener and stronger audiovisual industry. Christie is a great example of an organization whose commitment to the environment extends to all areas of their company.”
Environmental initiatives Christie has undertaken include:
- Successfully registering two manufacturing plants to the internationally recognized environmental standard, ISO 14001
- Leading the way with products that are among the highest lumen per watt output efficiency for 3-chip DLP projectors
- Introducing energy-efficient stand-by modes for new projector models, and developing next generation solid state LED illumination technology that is more environmentally friendly
- Achieving an impressive 82 percent waste diversion rate at the Canadian manufacturing facility through effective management of recycle streams including electronic waste and organics (food waste)
- Reducing electrical consumption by 13 percent per employee within the first year through a “Power Down” energy conservation program
- Reducing natural gas usage by 41 percent
- Carpooling programs and employee awareness campaigns such as “Lunch n’ Learn” sessions to encourage employees to adopt environmentally responsible practices at home
Other award winners in the Green AV Award category include AVW-TELAV Audio Visual Solutions and Waveguide Consulting Inc.
Christie Digital can be found at: http://www.christiedigital.com/emeaen