Simply put, there could be more than one reasons why you may need to change the App Store country or region on your iPhone or iPad. For instance, maybe you no longer live in the country where you had set up your iPhone. Or perhaps, an app that’s yet to be launched in your region has caught your eyes and you desperately want to give it a try–by hook or by crook.
Whatever could be your ultimate purpose, switching iTunes & App Store country isn’t a big deal. However, you will have to take care of many things before taking a jump. Anyway, let me help you get started!
Be Sure You’ve Double-Checked The Following Points:
- If there is an active iTunes Match subscription, you need to cancel it.
- Must cancel the active Apple Music membership else you won’t be able to change the country.
- Even if you have one incomplete Season Pass or Multi-Pass, you won’t be able to change stores.
- If rentals haven’t expired, you won’t be able to change the region.
- You need to spend your credit balance before going ahead with the process.
- If you have pending store credit refunds, you will need to wait for them to complete.
- The billing information has to match the store you are buying from. Therefore, you must get the payment method ready for your new country.
- You can choose “None” if there is no valid credit card information for a particular country. However, you will have to enter payment information when purchasing any item from the App Store.
- Only the organizers of family Sharing group can change stores.
- Apple recommends you to back up your iOS device before changing the country.
- You will also require downgrading your iCloud storage temporarily. Don’t worry, all of your data will stay safe. And once you have changed the country, you get the option to re-enroll in a new storage plan to be able to use iCloud storage.
- Be sure you’ve redownloaded the previous purchases on each of your device where you wish to access them.
- Keep in mind, not all the apps, music, TV shows, movies or books are available everywhere in the world. So, you shouldn’t be surprised if you find some content or even purchases missing in your new country.
How to Change the iTunes & App Store Country or Region on iOS device
Step #1. Go to Settings → Scroll down and tap on “iTunes & App Store.”
Step #2. Tap on Apple ID → Tap on View Apple ID in the popup and then enter your Apple ID passwords.
Step #3. Tap on Country/Region → Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #4. Now, select the country from the list. You should select the United States.
Step #5. When the iTunes & App Store Terms of Service page is shown, tap on “Agree.”
Step #8. Now, you have to choose the preferred payment method. Choose None, if you don’t want to enter your Credit or Debit card detail.
You’ll also have to provide address details like Street, City, ZIP, etc. Tap on “Next” and finally tap on done.
There you go!
That’s how you can switch the region of App Store on your iOS device. Like I had said, you’ve to take care of so many things before getting started. But if you are not tied to subscriptions, Family Sharing or anything like that, then it becomes pretty easy.
You may also like to explore:
- Unable Change App Store Country/Region on iPhone or iPad in iOS 12 or Earlier
- How to Cancel App Store Subscription from iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- How to Restore Deleted Apps on iPhone or iPad from App Store in iOS 12
- Why Apple’s App Store is Charging 30% Fees and How is it Justified?
The post How to Change App Store Country Region on iPhone or iPad appeared first on iGeeksBlog.