Planar Systems has introduced the Clarity Matrix Video Wall Calculator, a free, online tool that they say simplifies the video wall selection process by simulating for users what their Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall will look like even before they make the purchase by enabling users to configure a LCD video wall for their project, preview it with their own content and download the results — complete with specification data, installation diagrams and custom renderings.
Clarity says the Matrix Calculator was built for Planar’s recent launch of the Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System. Users can compare different display models side-by-side on the same wall. They can also upload and preview their own content, while exporting detailed images, schematics and data straight into their sales proposal or project specification.
Features include the ability for users to:
- Create a graphical rendering of the video wall by choosing the model and orientation of the displays and entering the desired display configuration. The rendering can be previewed online or exported as an image to include in product proposals or to share with clients.
- Configure a room by defining the size of the room, choosing one of several custom room environments and selecting a wall color to customize the conceptual design.
- Visualize custom content by uploading their own image or video or selecting from a preset list of content options to make the video wall come to life.
- Compare models and configurations by selecting two models or display configurations and viewing a side-by-side comparison of specification data.
- Generate schematics by previewing a mechanical drawing of the mounting array for the video wall that shows dimensions, drill hole patterns and cable details that can be exported.
- Obtain a quote by clicking on a link directly from within the calculator.