Russound’s lllooonnnggg awaited BSK-1 Bluetooth Source Kit, a wireless audio kit for enabling all portable Bluetooth-equipped devices to stream content to any multiroom audio system regardless of brand, has started shipping. Russound says the BSK-1 is specifically designed for residential and commercial system integrators but also says in its press release that it’s also for, “consumers who refuse to trade performance for price” — so, it’s apparently for EVERYONE.
The BSK-1 features a two-piece design comprising of a Bluetooth transceiver and separate audio interface receiver with built-in active balanced line drivers for maximum signal clarity; this design enables the units to be placed up to 300 feet apart.
- Enables Bluetooth audio streaming – like Apple AirPlay does, but using Bluetooth instead
- A two-piece design with built-in active balanced line drivers, eliminating the requirement for external audio balun transformers
- Audio receiver and Bluetooth transceiver may be separated by up to 300 feet using a single CAT5 cable
- Bluetooth wireless range capable of receiving device signals up to 100 feet away when installed in line-of-sight applications
- Allows for custom device naming and security pass code support with BSK-1 programming application
- 12-volt trigger input and output offers control of audio video equipment
Here are all the specs: http://www.russound.com/product_detail.php?i=3280