Sony Expands Laser Projector Line, Introduces Six New Models
- Industry News & Latest Trends
- 12 Feb, 2020
Sony has expanded its laser projector lineup with the introduction of six new models, ranging from a 13,000-lumen high brightness model to 5,000-lumen mid-range compact models. Three are WUXGA models: VPL-FHZ131L (13,000lm), VPL-FHZ101L (10,000 lumen) and VPL-FHZ91L (9,000lm) and two are 5,000-lumen: the VPL-PHZ12 (WUXGA), which has a 0.76-inch LCD panel and the VPL-CWZ10 (WXGA) — a portable model.
Sony’s laser projector lineup comprises 11 models across different brightness levels from 4,200 to 13,000 lumens, providing options for a wide range of applications from small classrooms, conference venues to large halls and auditoriums and exhibition facilities, such as museums. This enables users to find the perfect model for their installation environment, application and budget.
Features common to all models:
- Intelligent setting function for a faster, simpler set up: Choose one of the preset “installation location” modes to automatically adjust the image quality, light source output level and cooling system to achieve the optimal quality for the usage environment. Users can easily change the settings from a choice of preset mode, including: meeting/classroom mode, which emphasizes the visibility of text in bright environments; museum mode, which prioritizes low-noise and facility mode for entertainment venues, which reproduces impactful image quality with high contrast.
- In addition, VPL-FHZ131L, VPL-FHZ101L and VPL-FHZ91L are equipped with an advanced intelligent setting function with additional multi-screen Mode, which optimizes color when projecting on multiple units. The feature also automatically controls the temperature of the installation environment, frequency of usage, and several other parameters that enable the projectors to be used at suitable settings for long-term, stable operation.
Features exclusive to the VPL-FHZ131L and FHZ101L/FHZ91L projectors:
- Flexible installation by combining a wide lens shift function with a short-focus lens: Its wide lens shift capability (Max. Vertical ±107%, Horizontal ±60%) enhances usability in a range of settings including difficult installation conditions, such as when a venue contains beams or piping, or when the screen is lower than the projector. When combined with the optional short-throw lens, the VPLL-Z4107, installation flexibility is enhanced in venues where throw distance is limited.
- Supporting a variety of interfaces and flexible system integration: 3G-SDI input is enabled with a separately sold adaptor. This makes it possible to operate projectors in city halls, event spaces, and other locations where projectors are often used together with broadcast equipment. In addition, the latest projectors now support the XTP Systems of Extron Electronics, in addition to Crestron Connected, for simple integration and operation.
Features exclusive to the VPL-PHZ12 projector:
- 0.76-inch panel with an incorporated optical compensator delivers excellent color reproduction: The 0.76-inch LCD panel with its incorporated optical compensator delivers vibrant images with high contrast of ∞:1 and true-to-life color reproduction. Images and text can be seen clearly, even in bright environments.
- Enhanced capability in system control: Equipped with a dedicated terminal for HDBaseT and a LAN terminal for network control, users can monitor the status of units remotely using the LAN, while simultaneously transmitting video/audio/control signals long distance with the HDBaseT. The latest projectors also support Extron Electronics’ XTP Systems.
- Features of VPL-CWZ10:
- Using a small 0.64-inch panel, the VPL-CWZ10 is approximately 40% smaller (WxHxD = 371 x 100 x 319.3 mm) and 35% lighter (approx. 5.7 kg) than conventional models (VPL-PWZ10). This increases flexibility when installing these projectors in small-to-medium size class/meeting rooms with limited space and enables portability. It’s native 1920×1080.